- Framework for TA Competency Development – the official TAGSA framework for TA development
- Quality Enhancement: Teaching Preparation for Graduate Teaching Assistants – this is a peer reviewed collection of articles in a special issue of the Canadian Journal of Higher Education
- Teaching Innovation Projects Journal – this journal focuses on the scholarly and pedagogical foundations for instructor development workshops on a variety of topics in higher education and is contributed to by graduate students and post-doctoral fellows.
- University Online Resources for TAs:
- York University’s Resources for TAs – this collection of resources includes discipline-specific resources, handbooks and tips and strategies for TAs teaching in tutorials, labs or other classroom settings. Although some resources are specifically designed and aimed at TAs at York University, a number of the resources are applicable and relevant for any TA.
- Teaching Toolkit:
- University of Toronto’s Teaching Assistants’ Training Program’s Teaching Toolkit offers a variety of resources related to the teaching work of TAs. It contains resources, tipsheets, reports, short videos, and guides on a variety of teaching related issues and strategies.
- Graduate Student Resources:
- McGill University provides Graduate Student Resources which feature a number of valuable tools for TAs.
- Info for Teaching Assistants:
- University of California Santa Cruz has Info for Teaching Assistants, a section that contains links to a variety of different resources.
- Key resources for Teaching Assistants:
- Ross, C. & Dunphy, J. (Eds.). (2007). Strategies for Teaching Assistant and International Teaching Assistant Development: Beyond Microteaching. San Francisco, CA: Jossey Bass.
- Piccinin, S. J., Farquharson, A., & Mihu, E. (1993). Teaching assistants in Canadian universities: An unknown resource. The Canadian Journal of Higher Education, 23, 140-117.